What a change a mild morning at the bandstand, bulbs peeking out through the soil and a glimpse of the sun.
We said together the following prayer of praise:
O Divine Voice,
You sing and the universe comes into being;
O Divine Breath,
You breathe and all things spring to life;
O Divine Word,
You call and creation is sustained;
O Divine Flesh,
You are born among us, and the Creator is clothed in creation;
O Divine Spirit,
You fill all that has been formed;
O Divine Life,
You are the pulse of all that is.
And so, in amazement and awe, in wonder and celebration
we marvel at this mystery:
In you all things live and move and have being,
In all things, you live and move and express your Divine artistry;
And so we join with creation in the eternal song of worship and wonder………………….
One of the brilliant things about Third Space is the thoughts it provokes, weeks and days after the subject has been raised.
Wendy introduced us to some of the sayings of Jesus from the Gospel of Thomas a couple of weeks ago https://thirdspaceorg.wpengine.com/finding-the-kingdom-of-god/
One of which says:
97 Jesus said, The [Father’s] imperial rule is like a woman who was carrying a [jar] full of meal. While she was walking along [a] distant road, the handle of the jar broke and the meal spilled behind her [along] the road. She didn’t know it; she hadn’t noticed a problem. When she reached her house, she put the jar down and discovered that it was empty.
What Barbara shared this morning was how the last two Sunday mornings had made her realise that she was not running on empty, and suffering from “activists burnout”, but that over the last thirty eight years the work of the Kingdom of God had been following her (spilling behind) in what she did. Thus enabling others to come and take on what she had been doing in the community and how that had enthused her to continue to be involved.
Slow walking in the Park
Walk slowly across a grassy area to the place where the grass ends. While you walk pray:
- For the areas in your life where you want to see evidence of the Kingdom of God.
- For things that are important to you that you have tried or been trying to achieve.
- For the people you know who need to be touched by God.
- At the end of your walk open your bag and read what to do next.
- Rip a hole in one corner of your bag (it contains bird seed) Leave a trail of the seed behind you on the grass as you walk back to the bandstand.
- As you walk remember the story of the woman with the broken jar who left a trail behind her and give thanks that you can leave a trail of the Kingdom of God behind you too.
We went on to share Bread and Wine together.