We had a lively discussion about the press and phone hacking on Wednesday and then Colin posed some really challenging questions.
One of which was something like, how can we in Third Space help people when they are vulnerable and downcast, how can we offer them support and strength?
As part of the discussion that followed this question I was asked how had I remained so strong over the recent months following a diagnosis of cancer.
I have thought about this a lot since I was asked and have concluded that, although I have had my moments of weakness, I have been able to remain strong because I have not felt alone.
I have not felt alone because:
- I know I am loved by my Heavenly Father.
- I am not alone in any pain or suffering that I have because I know Jesus went through much more pain and suffering than I will ever have to, and he understands all my weakest moments.
- I have some brilliant friends at Third Space who have supported and encouraged me.
- I have a wide circle of friends who have been there for me, making me laugh (and cry) when they showed me such love and concern.
- I have a special supportive friend, Tony. Who through his wisdom and advice (because he has been through the same) and his love and concern (when things are more serious for him) has been very moving.
- I have the support of a wonderful husband who has been with me along every step of the way.
- If all else fails eternity awaits me.
For those who want to support the vulnerable, the downcast be a good friend. I thank God for all my wonderful friends.